Tuesday 16 February 2010

Q7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progress from it to the full product?

During my preliminary task I learnt many things, the use of certain technologies,the importance of editing, how time consuming producing a film (Even the beginning of one) is and the importance of organisation during a film. In the preliminary, I used technologies which were new to me: Camera's and Apple Macs, I also used editing programme's – something that I had never done before. Using these technologies in my preliminary enabled me to practise and better the new skills I had for when we filmed our main task.
In many ways my main task has improved from my preliminary. My main task was a lot more focused and clear because I had to be more specific about genre's and conventions within that genre. Compared to my preliminary, my coursework is a lot more structured and is easier to understand – when I had to edit for my main task, I was more skilled with the editing programme's and so the structure of my product is a lot tighter than it had been, due to the better structure, my product was also easier to understand. Wholly, the idea for my coursework is much more interesting than that for the preliminary which in itself makes my media product better. Camera angles in my full product have a wider range than they do in the preliminary – where everything was very simple – during the filming of the main task, my group were a lot more creative with the shots we used, we stuck to the one hundred and eighty degree rule during conversations but the wide range of angles enabled the viewer to see much more of our setting.
If I was given a choice to improve anything in my main task, I would. Upon planning I had a certain image of how everything was going to be and due to the limited time we had to film, it did not have much likeness to my perception of the idea. If we had more time and certain editing programme's then I believe that we would have been able to make our setting more surreal than it already was. I would improve the steadiness of the shots in our film, we didn't use the tripod available to us and so, if we could film again, I would have made sure that we did use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment